2.17.2006

Before Prejudice

Remember in grade school, when you didn't know what prejudice was? You Jewed people down and all kinds of negative slang that didn't mean a lick to you, because stereotypes were just developing in your mind. In dirtville, where I grew up, if you gave someone something, and then took it back when they misused it or you just didn't like them anymore, it was called Indian Giving. Even now, I wonder why, because it seems to me that's kind of what we did under the guise of reservations for awhile....

Still, in all sarcasm, it's good to see the State Department is keeping the practice alive. Now, I know that there is probably a lot of elbow jostling going on with Hamas that we aren't seeing from a media assortment that's proven it's dislike of the administration in power now. Unfortunately, that means there's a lot of stuff that the rest of the world isn't seeing, too, or possibly that's being misrepresented by an Islamic media tide just polishing the opposite side of the coin. Whatever the case, asking for money back that we gave the Palestinians to help rebuild the Gaza strip isn't a move that's gonna be looked upon favorably by the already fired up Muslims of the area. The only saving grace here is that they gave it back willingly, but that can be used against us, too.

I'll tell you what, though. It's easy for me to sit here and say "Bad move," but I'll have my butt licked if I can figure out any other way for the Admins to deal with the Hamas situation right now. Not a spot I'd like to be leading the nation through. They have my sympathy, just not my support.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home