2.10.2006

Why We BF2 Fight

I got nothing today. No worthwhile rants, no insightful personal posts, nothing. So, today, you get a BF2 report from last night (as best I can remember).

Phil, Scott and I (waiting on John to join the team) hooked up about 8. I'm starting to think those bastards play without me in an effort to keep their scores ahead of mine (they've been playing twice as long, but I'm fast approaching Scott's score and Phil is struggling to stay 4k ahead of me. Actually, It aint too hard for Phil, as my score is a measely 0.89 per minute, while his is about 0.85. I doubt I catch him before he makes 2nd Leiutenant, let alone Master Sergeant. I don't feel like racing him in time played, so that'll be the deciding factor.

Anyway, we started out on a server ran by the Four Horseman (I think there were 6 of them online that game). I think this one had like 28 players on 64 person maps, which makes for LONG rounds (always nice in my book) and we were having fun. Phil and I were owning in the attack helicopter for awhile. But then, on Kubra Damn, the round started before the admins were ready, so none of the Four Horsemen got into the jets or helicopters. Then the round ended like 8 seconds into the game and the map reset, which was enough for us to say "Fuck that juvenile behavior" and head to a new server.

Scott recommended an EA Official server. In a "The Other Bar" move, I pointed out that those were the servers where the asshats play. I'm talking about the guys that LIVE the game. True to form, our side lost both the rounds we played by 150 points or more. Phil had barely eeked out 8 kills on the best round and Scott and I scored most of our points reviving and healing the seriously wounded and dead. Regularly in those two rounds did the enemy steal our helicopter and do little more than hover over our remaining spawn point and mow us down as we came back from the dead. So we moved on.

I believe next came the OldMenOnline server. I love playing on this server. It's generally fair and well admined. I think we only got a few rounds in before it crashed, though, maybe just one. It was a fun round as Phil was on the opposing team, so Scott and I hunted him relentlessly. At one point, Phil, in a Chinese attack helicopter, was hunting Scott on the ground. I nailed his tail rotor (hur hur hur) with an anti-tank missile fractions of a second before Scott hit him with a 2nd rocket, blowing the chopper out from under Phillio. Good times. Phil and I had quite a few high explosive duals, either with him trying to trick me into his C4 traps or me on the ground as anti-tank and he in some heavy armor. I won those duals more than he, but more than once that was because HE fell into one of my traps, not vice versa.

Somewhere in there we played on Wake Island and had a lot of fun. When we lost, it was because our whole team wasn't working together and Phil and I generally spent too much time in the air. Once we worked out a process wherin we'd fly over a flag and clear out the enemies, then I'd bail out, stand at the flag and capture it while Phil covered me from the air, at which point I'd climb back in the chopper and we'd rinse and repeat, WE owned that map. Not to be outdone, Scott stayed on the ground as Medic and single handedly revived 1/2 the army.

We ended on a different servor on the Strike at Karkand map. This is a US vs. MEC (arabian) map, with the US having one uncapturable base outside a city, and the MEC having like 9 capturable bases with the city. About 3 of those flags are ROYAL CLUSTER FUCKS. Great times. Some jack ass was "bunny hopping" the whole round (that's where you just spam the spacebar to jump all over the place, sometimes going prone in the air (looks dumb) and kill everyone. very annoying exploit). I got into it verbally with him, asking how he'd play or even IF he would after the next patch, when you can no longer jump and shoot at the same time. His reply was "No worries, mate. You're just upset you're getting owned so easily." Then, with prolly 10 seconds left in the round, the God of the Stairs hit, and I had no comeback. The round ended, and the bunny hopper left the server. Later that night I realized I should have said, "Yeah, easy like my wife playing Mortal Kombat with the one button combo... Spacebar, spacebar, spacebar is a lot like square, square, square." Of course, he would have replied, "No worries mate, you're just upset your wife owns you with one button." And left ther server. Either way, it worked out, and the final round was good times.

And that's what I did on my summer vacation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home