2.15.2006

Euro Gun. No I'm not.

Here are the new weapons that'll open up in BF2: Euro Forces. They came with the new patch.

Unlocks:
FNP-90 (a medium range SMG for the anti-tank kit. Mixed reviews in game, as it isn't as badass as it's real life counterpart. The more levelheaded players tend to like it, because it's considerably better than the stock SMGs for the kit and offers a longer range than the jiz worthy DAO-12 shotgun unlock.)
L96a1 (a sniper rifle unlock. I've seen no news on it.)

Euro Weapons
Famas - Looks like an L85 style rifle, with a vertical hand grip, clip mounted behind the grip, but in front of the shoulder block.
HK21 - an assault rifle sans grenade launcher, possibly a medic rifle then...
HK53A3 - SMG, probably the stock Euro anti-tank weapon
L85sa80a2 - A variant of the L85, the BF2 medic unlock. This one's got a grenade launcher attachment, so it's gotta be the assault kit standard.
Beneli-M4 - pump shotgun.

Judging from the tags of "eur" and "gb" before the weapons, it looks like the Euro armies will be the Eurpoean Union forces and the British army. Makes sense. Still no word on maps, though. If I had to hazard a guess, I'd say for sure a Turkish map, since that's so easily accessible from the MEC forces. If they wanna be really cool and add snow maps (a man can hope), they could do something in the Finland/Sweden area, if Russia let the Chinese come through, but my guess is they'd save that one for a third booster to enhance the Special Forces expansion pack.

Still, good times, and the new guns are enough to get my $10 sent to EA. I just wish they'd put out patches to fix things and not because a new round of content was coming out. I think 1.03 is the only patch that wasn't content related so far, but that was long before I joined the game. Still, 1.2 has a laundry list of game play fixes, not the least of which makes it safe for me to lay mines (no team punish if my guns run the fucking things over like MORONS) and the ability to actually shoot down helicopters and jets with the damn AA weapons. Drunk pilots beware.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home