1.02.2006

The Rez

olutions.

Last year I was gonna focus on animation and a career there. Know what I did? Started freelance writing in the RPG industry. So no career resolutions this year.

One year, I'll resolve to run the Baja 1000, but not this year. Can't afford it.

I do need to get in shape (not lose weight), but that's the easiest resolution to fail in, so nope. (although I might consider some Sunday morning martial arts if I can afford it with both Wendy and I)

And the format I proposed for resolutions earlier has run into two big snags. None of us can realistically afford the motorcycle cruise of Scotland this year, and I forgot to ask Wendy where'd she'd like to go. Plus, while I know there I places I can improve, I don't want to jinx most of them with a resolution, and I'm otherwise pretty damn happy with life right now.

So, what's that translate to for resolutions? One thing.

I'm going to Gen Con Indy 2006.

For any of my friends interested in going, it's August 10-13. That's a Thur-Sat. Right now, I plan on going all four days. Anyone wanting to come along can crash in my room (for the fee of splitting it that night[s]), but if no one comes, I might just DM a fuckload of games so I get a free room (split with 3-5 other people). If, however, it turns out several peeps wanna come, but can only go on Sat/Sun, I'm cool with that and the schedule will change. BUT, If I'm flying ALONE, I'm flying the Full Monte. Me, nekkid, surrounded by dorks, for four days. Full Monte.

Nekkid is a metaphor for being alone, not necessarily without clothes.

Of course, the setting I'm working on for publisher number two has been moved back to June now for first drafts, so I may have to go and promote that anyway. Not sure what that means for cost, schedule, or anything else, but it does mean I'm there, which meshes well with my plan of:

I'm going to Gen Con Indy 2006.

Any assassins...you know where I'll be.

I'm going to Gen Con Indy 2006.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home