12.29.2005

live in '05

We're back from vacation. Christmas eve dinner with the family at mom's, Christmas dinner with extended family (also at mom's), A Very Cactus Christmas at Joe's, and an abyssmally small amount of hanging with great little bros was had. Abundant and awesome gifts were scored. Much food was eaten. Already I miss the fact that I didn't have to THINK about food at all until Tuesday night at dinner with the GPs-in-law. That fact is evident when I say that yesterday Wendy had to remind me to eat breakfast. I got up, started writing, and just forgot my need for food....

So, now is the time for recapping the year. What did I do? Biggest thing is the wedding. Well, biggest as in most fun and most expensive. To some, it's the most important, but neither Wendy nor I have changed much because of it, I wouldn't say we're any more or less happy, sex hasn't gotten any less frequent or fun, and about the only change financially is that we consult about major purchases, which isn't much of a change really, since most of our major purchases before the wedding was shit for the wedding. So wedding. YAY! The best part of it is how many people are STILL telling us it was the best wedding they've been to. Rock. And my boys got some sweet grooms gifts and Christmas presents out of the deal (to blow my own gift giving horn). Regardless, July 16th was still the best damn day of the year, cause we threw one hell of a party. I only wish I liked Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince more.

Next in line, I GOT PUBLISHED! The big charity piece, Suck Da Head, Squeeze Da Tail, came out in November with my first published adventure. On top of that, I scored two D&D publication gigs for early release in '06.

There was a great trip to Voyager National Forest recently, Wizard World Chicago '05, 4th of July in Duluth, and several great parties including Christmas at Nick's and Joe's, Halloween at Nick's, and at least one other event at Nick's, plus the child-packed SuperBowl at Phil's.

Oh, and my sis had a kid. Actually turned out to be a purty cute baby, and she not only likes Wendy's singing, but listens attentively as I babble on about the impossiblities of surpassing the 5 nanometer limit in modern CPU technology and how I think the laws of diminishing returns and accelerated growth might actually keep China from being an unstoppable force in the world economy. I'm not saying they can't surpass the U.S., but I also don't think they'll become untouchable... I digress.

On the downside, there were a couple of family passings this year and several passings in the family of friends field. I'll pour out another 40 for the homeys on that front. Much money was also wasted on car impound fees (which is why we're looking at new apartments). I think Wizard World might be reaching a point where it's not worth my money to go. We'll see about next year. Some questions have also arisen about our financial security in early '06, but that's a post for the New Year, or the end of year '06 review in December. I'm a little disappointed that I had no 10 year reunion this year. Oh well. Gives me more time to build my empire.

Oh yeah, and not only did we lose our regular gaming sessions, but the campaign died. Yep, it's dead. You guys can post all you want to the bulletin bored. I'm done, if not with Argren entirely, at least with that story line. Mebbe if I have time, I'll write up a final scene or something.... Maybe not, though, because I know that Nick and Wendy are still a little attached to their characters. It's Nick's fault, really. He cursed us when he said, "I'll buy off this level adjustment, but I'm gonna be so pissed if the campaign ends shortly after that." That's the universe kicking you in the FRUTE BASKET my friend. And that's a real term. It's in a painting on Joe's wall! Just a door and a painting away from Red, White, and Boobs if I remember correctly...

How'd I do on my resolutions from last year? Sucked, that's how. Let's recap. I was gonna send out 30 animation applications, finish my cartoon avatar of myself, and develop a short film worthy of festivals. I actually sent out TWO animation applications, let my need for a PERFECT avatar stop me from animating all together, and actually did develop a short film worthy of festivals. Why isn't the latter out on the market? My damn make-up artist moved to London for a semester of school. She spent a lot of time drunk and making out with boys. She's no good to me now. That, and I've lost interest in that idea for now. Don't really have time to wrap my mind around getting a hospital setting somehow. I did, however, come up with THREE music video ideas, all of which I don't have time for.

So, next year's resolutions? That's for another post. I'm still debating about whether to set some RPG goals or not. My fear there is that the RPG gigs will then go the way of the animation goals and just be passed off to pursue some other hair-brained scheme. The good news is that as I get older, I come closer and closer to actually reaching a half-cocked goal. Consider, in February of this year I decided I could write D&D supplements. It only took me nine months to get paid to do it. Not bad at all.

And that's the short and curlies from the wonderful world of Shafevision, brought to you in HiDef Shafecolor. Get yours today!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home