1.16.2006

random morning mumblings from the disorganizer

Can't wrap my head around a linear thought process to save my life. Welcome to Disjointed Junciton. Here're my ramblings.

Alito-During his confirmation hearing, the question came up a lot that was basically, "Why did you say this on your resume, interview, whatever back in 198x?" and his reply was usually something like, "That's what I believed, but I've changed my mind," OR "I was trying to get a job and felt that would help me."

Now, the former I can deal with (and so can Norm Coleman). I made a ton of mistakes in my youth that I now realize were dumb as hell and people shouldn't do, say or think.

The latter, though. Come on. You're applying for a job and say, "Oh, I just said x that doesn't agree with your beliefs because I was trying to get a job for someone that held x beliefs." I wouldn't hire you if you said that even once. That tells me you're perfectly OK with lieing to get a job. How do I know you're not doing it right now? I don't. You don't get the job. Done.

Moving on.

BF2

This past week I've ran into a big problem. Servers disconnecting at the most inopportune times. Grr. Early in the week, I'd scored big time, and managed to get one badge, one ribbon, and was 2 kills from getting another badge. Unfortunately, the very second I get the first ribbon, server crashed. I managed to get the badge on a later day. I'll be damned, though, if in a long game, I didn't get that very same ribbon, and some ten or so minutes afterwards, that server didn't crash too! Fucker. Fortunatley, the next day when I logged in, I'd still received the ribbon. yay. So, last night, I'm in a good long game with very few people. I'm commander, which is boring as poopin. There's a ribbon you get if you're commander for 28 minutes and score 50 commander points. I had 62 commander points, and at the 27 minute mark...... you guessed it. THE DAMN SERVER CRASHED. GRRRRrrrrrRrrr.

On a side note, I learned that while you don't score points for offing dudes as artillery, the kills do count toward badges. The anit-tank badge requires 15hours as anti-tank and 20 kills in a round with the anti-tank kit. I musta offed like 30 dudes with artillery (good thing too, cause my guys couldn't kill anyone). Funny thing is, I killed the enemy commander so many times with my artillery that he quit, leaving the enemy with no commander. Hoorah.

Moving on.

It's weird to be physically weak in just your legs. I'm fighting off a cold, and it's mostly moved out of my head and lungs (still a bit congested and coughing, but no too bad). Unfortunatley, it's headed south, and my stomach feels weird, but worse, I have NO energy in my legs. Very odd.

And I'm done.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home