8.26.2005

A chain link fence

Tomorrow the party heads into the desert (D&Dwise). I'll try to post about that this weekend. In the meantime -

Here's the trailer for Doom. Now, I'm not a big fan of a lot of 1st person shooter games. I dig Halo for its multi-player action, and that's about it. Why in the HELL would I want to watch a 1st person shooter movie? Sadly, the game's fan based will probably spend enough on the flick to make it a viable economic investment sequelwise. :(

For those skywatchers that read my blog (Nick and myself I think), tonight we get both Jupiter, Venus, and the moon in one shot. Rock on.

And finally, for the economists among us (just me probably), here's a bit of what Greenspan is saying is the matter with our economy. While he uses a bunch of jargon, the basic message is something we all learned in Econ 101, or Adult Living if you went to Clay City High School. A high trade deficit is bad in the long term, and YOU SHOULDN'T SPEND MORE MONEY THAN YOU MAKE.

I remember once when discussing high school with my wife, I was baffled that basic classes like Adult Living, wherin you learned to balance a check book, evaluate credit card and loan offers, set a budget, etc, wasn't a required class. Her response was, "Those classes were for the stupid kids." I'm pretty sure that's what our current governing body thinks as they run up our national debt and push through as many free trade agreements as possible....

But I digress. The important thing to take from this post is that I should post a D&D report this weekend and that Doom is already -ed. (there's some writing style I just made up that won't stick cause it's confusing as shit. See, "-ed" is a way of adding past tense to a title that is a noun, but turns into an adverb in the past tense.... Lame as hell, but I'm keeping this paragraph anyway. Mainly just to frustrate the people that think I put too much extraneous crap in my blog. In fact, this paragraph will be why the "Behind the Screen" series of articles doesn't go anywhere until I make a blog for that by itself.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home