4.10.2005

fooeww

Man. Talk about doding a bullet. Sitting at work. Nurse comes up here to inform us that there's a Radiation spill and we're getting two patients. YES, that's right...radioactive material has spilled onto multiple persons, two of which are being brought to my hospital. Unfortunately, it'll take 20 minutes for us to set up our decon cleaning station AFTER the engineers get here to do it. And the nurses aren't calling the engineers until we know for sure the patients are coming.

Twenty minutes goes by, during which time I'm pumping the nurses for more info about how my department's supposed to handle alla this without my coworkers and I eventually having babies with two heads. (I of course would name them Bill S Preston, Esq and "Ted" Theodore Logan) Still, the ER staff knows shit about when or even if the patients are coming.

So, I go talk to security, cause they're the ones blocking alla the roads and what not, since Mpls PD is mysteriously absent. Turns out, our security, for once, is the dudes in the know. Wasn't a radioactive materials spill. Some chemistry students in the lab had left some toxic chemicals open and that was causing discomfort in people's eyes. Chemicals closed up, peops eyes washed off on scene, and everyone sent home. Dammit. I's so hoping to birth Wyld Stallyns. They'll just have to live as a raven familiar for a crazy gnome with too many names.

In other news, my latest Jones is for some serious desert off road racing, alla the Baja 1000. Let's see if I can hold onto that one for the minimum 6 years I figer it'd take me to save enough money and get into good shape to run it. If I did a motorcycle, it'd be $1350 just for race fees and insurance. Add in radio fees, GPS monitoring for safety crap (think that's almost required now) and whatever funky Mexican licenses you need to drive really fast down dirty roads, and its looking like $3g before we even think about traveling to just south of Tiajuana, buying parts, building a bike, and putting my homey support team up in a sweet Mexican Prison,err Hotel.... Sweet, but pricey. Still, gonna do it someday.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jorge Mackton said...

Other things you will need: Large quantities of sealed drinking water, first aid kit, and Bribe Money, Bribe Money, Bribe Money. Gotta keep them Federales happy after all.

4:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home