3.28.2005

PSP: A review

First off, let me start with a free comic offer. Joseph's Rants over at TORC Press has the ho down on his SPACE Cadet mini comic and offer for a free issue, this week only. Check it out and email him.

Last night I got to play a PSP. Holy Honest Congress Batman! That thing is sweet. The first thing I noticed was the clarity of the screen. At least as clear as my Sony LCD monitor, but probably more clear in a side by side comparison. Watched some DVD previews on the sample disc on it. There's a little eye tweaking in heavy action, but not enough to cause a headache. Beautiful regardless.

Add to that the solid selection of games for it out of the gate and it's purty cool on that front to. Mix in the ability to view photos and play MP3s off of a duo stick memory card, AND the ability to buy movies and music video discs for it, and it's a solid little buy. My finances don't let me drop $250 for a mini console right now, but the damn thing's still sweet and worth the price of admission if you've got spare cash.

My coworker bought the super pak with it, so he got the PSP, four games (of his choice), two movies (I think, but at least one), a shiney metal carry case, headphones with a remote (cause let's face it, you'll be watching that 4.3" screen from across the room) and a few other doodads. He paid $500 for alla that, which seems a bit hefty to me. I think the games and movies woulda ran about $190 alone, so I'm not seeing where the extra $60 came from, let alone any kind of savings, but maybe he left a few things outta the list of gadgets he got.

Still, it's coo. The PSP rocks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home