10.02.2004

Rat Rush vs. Phoenix Bloodspeaker Chi Control

Ok, I played this game virtually at the link above, with a modified form of the deck I have now. Kind of a goal deck that I want to test before dumping too much cash on it. Need much more testing.

Major gold screw first turn. Grabbed A Favor Returned, which was unfortunately in my 2nd province. Flip my cards, three peeps. Discard one with the sensei, nother peep. Grab Gifts & Favors, flush the provs. Second turn, same as the first, three peeps. Sensei scores me another gifts and favors, so I grab that, bring out Yoe'trr and think I'm solid. Third turn, sensei someone into the dynasty deck, pull a treasure hoard at Set mama. Next turn drop a ratling archers and attack. I now know EXACTLY how Kuro's Fire works, and lemme tell ya, it's a powerful spell. Specially since no one in the local play group fully understands how it works. The opponent offered to let me take the attack back, but it was no big at that point. Figured I'd either recover or it wouldn't matter. It didn't matter. That spell was on Agasha Chieh experienced, and I had no out of battle PK, so she was safe from me.

Unfortunately, after that he brought in Yainjden (4/6 0 PH), let one shug Play with Madness, becoming a Shadowlands Bloodspeaker that cast Maho spells, and gave her a spell that let her swap Chi and PH. Yainjden can redirect chi loss from Maho effects from himself to any other personality.

After that, I hit a gold rush and didn't see more than one personality a turn. He chi deathed em all one at a time. I hit a streak of all gold and bowed out. He had like 8 personalities on the board with full provinces and Musume Mura, not to mention the untouchable 7 point Kuro's Fire and Yainjden combo. I had an Occult Murders left in my dynasty, but no way to replenish my fate deck to feed the sensei too much after that.

I could blame the game on gold screw. However, I can pick out two key points wherin I made bad decisions. And since I don't have Tomorrow Sensei in my real deck, I've only used it this one time. Takes some getting used to. Specially mid game. For instance, when the Yainjden combo hit the table, I shoulda just cycled through the dynasty deck til OM came up, Yai Yai, then started shuffling discarded peeps back in... Also should have asked about Kuro's Fire. Oh well, live and learn. And then get Luvs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home