6.13.2006

Here's one for the gamers

Been awhile since I've talked about gaming in any sense, I think. This month is full of travel for me, so SR4 is on hiatus and between birthdays and injuries that D&D and whatnot has been hit or miss. The video gaming is full throttle, though, and the d20 writing is cruising down the frontage road. Besides all of that diary BS that the blog has once again degenerated into, here are couple of links for the video gamers among us.

The first: A HUGE BEANBAG.

The Sumo Omni has good reviews from the couple of gamers that reveiw these sorts of things, and it looks like a great prop for some carnal relations as well. Scroll over the third position on below the image, and you'll be glad they say "nothing can stain it." Looks comfortable for parties and sitting in front of the PS2, as well. Looks like it's too big for my living room in the present configuration, though. (BTW, the photo gallery has photos from the Playboy Superbowl Party)

Next: A new game controller.

My buddy, Scott, has the Z-board keyboard for playing BF2. He likes it, but his chief complaint is that it's hard as hell to type with that thing in, and even the replacement normal keypad is too small for him. Enter the Fang. The Fang doesn't replace the keyboard. Instead, it's a game controller. Looking pretty when you're not playing and fully functional when you are. Ambidextrous, too. I wonder what the learning curve is like going from WASD keyboard and mouse to just a Fang. For $35 it's cheaper than a lot of the 2nd tier game controllers out there that just look like USB PS2 controllers... I'll prolly grab this once I've got some spare change. Hence, after the trip to Wisconsin, then Ohio, then Illinois, then Indiana (go Gen Con!). So much for fuel conservation on my part.

Anyway, I'll leave you with that. Remember, you can't have functional without a little fun in there. Yeah, my fingers are burning just for typing that one. ouch.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home