5.28.2006

couscouscous

Happy Memorial Day, Memorizing Day (thanks Country, the ladies dig that one), Mesmerizing Day, or whatever you might choose to call it. Big up to the vets that made sure I could write this blog and be generally disgruntled.

Reveiws:

X-Men III
Hmm. Was the movie a good time? Yeah. Was it a good X-men movie? Sure, but not as good as the first two. Too many characters got too little time in my book. After watching it twice, I can say the only scene that really got me the second time is one of the scenes I can't talk about for those that haven't seen the flick. The climactic action scene was pretty a pretty good time, but it had it's cheesy moments. Regardless, decent flick, worth watching, specially if you're a fan. Stay til the credits are over. Takes a bit of the finality out of the "Last Stand" part of things, but it's cool.

Mazda 3 i touring
Got one of these little guys this weekend. I say little, cause it falls into the compact category, but Nick's 6' something and he's super comfortable in the passenger seat. The back seat has significantly less leg room, but I've yet to do more than "sit behind myself" on the back seat testing. The trunk seems cavernous, too.

The "i touring" designation has a 2.0 L engine, which seems peppy enough to me. I'm coming off an Aspire, though, so electric wheelchairs seem peppy. Regardless, I'm satisfied with the engine response. There's little road or wind noise that makes it into the cab, so I have to relearn how to drive in a silent car. lol. It's easy to do 80 and not notice. Fun, too. :)

The suspension seems a little stiff on road bumps, but damn it's nice on the corners. On the 20mph downhill slalom at the end of Snelling Ave, the only reason I kept it at 40 was because I couldn't see oncoming traffic around the corners. Block that strip off, and I bet 50's no problem, possibly higher. Since I like corners (Real men turn both ways), I like the car.

My only real beefs with the car right now are functionality in the 6 disc changer. Not a feature I required, but the only 3 on the lot with ABS and side airbags had a moonroof and 6 disc changer. Annoyingly, the random feature on the disc changer only randomizes the current CD. It'd be nice if random play covered all songs on all discs. *shrug* Not a big deal, though, really. Considering how slow it changes discs, there'd be considerable lag between songs if it switched between discs anyway.

I'm sure I'll find a few other annoyances as I drive, but so far, so good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home