4.11.2006

Spring Attack

70ish yesterday (went outside and took a nap at lunch, yeah), about the same with chance of rain today. Spring is here, baby. With the potential explosion of pollen in the air, my brain is overloaded with.....creativity. On top of the mega-pdf I've been working on (and it's about time I have motivation for the thing now), there's about a million ideas roiling around in my head. Here's what we've got:

  • 2 potential Dungeon articles and at least one adventure
  • Tons of crap for the campaign (which I'm just calling The Breech while it's in development) including an actual story arc to offer the characters that I'm comfortable executing even if they ignore it and do something else
  • 2 music videos (really, though, these have been stewing in the brain pot for ages)
  • More video ideas for BC's rock show
  • Animation/cinema out the wazoo
  • The SDF RPG

Now, here's the problem. If I tackle all that shit at once, I'll burn out purty quick. Obviously, some of it is pretty vague anyway, in part due to a lack of focus and in part due to just not wanting to give away any potentially marketable ideas. If any of the latter don't pan out or I decide not to pursue them, I'll certainly toss em up here for someone with the right motivation. *shrug* For instance, there's no marketability in the music videos, and I wanna do one for Dust to Glory (no song picked yet), and one (or more) for LotR (Professor Nutbutter's House of Treats - the invasion of Minith Tirith). I digress. The point is, the shit usually happens this way. An overflow of ideas, then a lack of time management culminating in either A)busting ass on one or two projects to the exclusion of most else, then burning out and doing nothing productive for far too long or B)setting a viable production schedule for several projects but not having the self discipline to maintain the schedules (damn ADD).

The problem is twofold. First, as I've discussed before, I'm now working during my prime creative time (between 10 and 2 really) and can't figure out how to shift that to a post dinner schedule. On top of that (and I hope this changes with the early sun), getting out of bed is just a pain in the ass, hehe. If this morning is any indication, it's gonna get easier to get up, especially if I stop sleeping til the end of MPR (the alarm has an hour limit). Second, none of the potentially new projects have any sort of professional deadline. I'm a chronic procrastinator, so that always lends itself to "another round of BF2." Trust me, I've tried setting personal deadlines. Those only work with finances for me. Self flagellation doesn't work either. I'm talking things like "I can't play BF2 until I get X finished," because that quickly turns into "Well, if I do Y instead I can play for awhile."

BUT ENOUGH COMPLAINING! The main point is excitement. Spring! Rebirth! The lining up of projects and whether I finish all of the shit I decide to due this year or not this is the time of year that decides what the next 8 months are gonna look like for me. Joining Team RIP might be the downfall on BF2 (until BF 2142 comes out), since I tend to NOT want to play when I feel like I HAVE to play (which is why I'm trying to set Wednesday game night up as any game, not just D&D). So that leaves disc golf, rpgs, and Twilight Imperium on the leisure front, plus shit with just Wendy, like the conservatory, zoo, etc. Nick called last night, and I'm hoping that was for disc golf, which means he's figured out my temperature zone and we can start rocking the outdoors. John gets back from Cali in June, so that'll up Nick's level of competition. Hopefully that means MORE action and not less. ;) What I need to do is get Phil and Snyder involved in some disc golf or RPG gigging so that there can be some animation talk from time to time and I can get my Jones on for that. Trouble there is that aside from Country's action, none of the animation ideas I have are too concrete....

Anywho. This is a book, so I'll get done now. Was gonna review Lucky Number Slevin, just don't feel like it. Good movie, though. WATCH IT!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home