4.12.2006

intergalactic planetary

The funny thing about this is that I don't consider myself old, but a lot of the things my friends and I learned in school have turned out to be wrong. Pluto could be another casualty. I mean, seriously. Pluto?

Let's see. What are some other educational casualties....

A.D/B.C are gone. It didn't register on my radar so I don't miss em or even really know what they changed to, but I'm pretty sure it's BE now, not BC.

Dinosaurs have gone through about a million transitions.

If my little bro Braxton has kids, they prolly won't learn as much about Einstein. I say this because of how many theories and science articles hint at something like, "Could Einstein have been wrong about X," and how some young physicists flat out try to refute some aspect or another of Einstein's work to make a name for themselves. Eventually, something will stick. Watch scientific discovery boom again once we get a government that accepts facts as facts.....

That's it off the top of my head. Really looks like math is about the only field you can actually have some faith in once your out of college. ;)

1 Comments:

Blogger Amazing Shafeman said...

I think you missed the point of the post, man. What I was saying is that I/we don't feel old enough to say something like "That's not how it was when I was in school." My mom said that sort of thing. Arguably, if I had kids when my mom did, they'd be studying the solar system about now.

Regardless of whether realistic planet say Pluto's a planet or not, it's still taught as a planet in schools. *shrug*

As for Einstein to Newton, at least half of the schools I went to were considered good on the science front, but I still didn't get much more of a glossing from Newton, and generally only in a "Newton did X, which led to Bob doing Y, then Frodo discovered Z. Let's talk about Z." Compare that to a virtual quarter about Einstein's principles. That's what I'm talking about. In a very short time, it'll be "Einstein theorized X, then Amir said Y and now we have Z. Let's talk about Z."

Incidentally, people are only right 50% of the time when interpretting sarcasm, humor, seroiusness, and levity in internet/email posts and the like. My shit for this post is all light-hearted, so either yours was a serious response (from a misineterpretation of intent), or mine is. :) hehe. good to know the study was right.

10:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home