2.07.2006

a budgetary ruse?

Sometimes I think I might be giving the Prez a little too much credit. Take this budget thing. The budget he's proposed is like 2.77 TRILLION bucks. $440 billion of that is defense. That's 25% of the budget going to the military. On top of that, he wants his tax cuts permanent and he wants to cut or underfund like 140+ programs on the domestic level, in education, cancer research, public health, etc. Let's not talk about Medicare. These are all very dumb moves we say. The media is in an uproar. Special interest groups. Dems. Repubs. All in an election year.

And there's the kicker. This "scandalous" budget gives the Republicans running this year a very large, very public, very BAD THING, to rail against the President with. It gives the guys the Prez needs to support him on other issues something to hold onto in the campaigning ahead.

"No I'm not just going to TOE THE PARTY LINE. You see how I stood up against the horrible budget the President proposed to us? That's not toeing the party line. Leave me with these false accusations based on me voting for Alito, spending cuts on domestic programs in '05 followed by tax cuts to the wealthiest just 16 days later, and I don't even want to go into Medicare part D. There's no evidence that I just toe the party line! I stood up against that horrible budget!" That's what Republicans will say, now.

Bush. Him aint as dumb as we got him figered for sometimes.

Or maybe I'm just overthinking the situation. He still says nucilar, though.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

God gods...if he's anywhere close to your level of evil genius...'cause getting repubs to carry on in office by railing AGAINST you IS evil genius....I think I may run and hide.

Alas for idealism, for you could rule the world.

11:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home