8.31.2005

cath lab fx

Tis another day of working up a blog post in my head in route to work and forgetting it due to crisis upon arriving at work. Today it wasn't even a life threatening crisis, as is sometimes the case in the ER.

This week are our "team meetings". I was under the impression that mine was at 3:30 tomorrow, while "J" had to go to one at 5 today. Well, she was here at 3:30 today, confirming that today was the 3:30 meeting. For whatever reason, my password wasn't working, and I was locked out of the network, meaning I couldn't check my email/schedule, but if I had spent the typical 30 minutes on hold with the IT dept, I would have missed the meeting. So, I asked a different coworker, "T" that was supposed to be at my meeting with me what her email said. She of course confirmed it was today.

The crisis set in because the lady that was supposed to cover the ER for us hadn't arrived, and the person I normally give a lunch break to, "Break Needer", was freaking out about not getting her lunch break. Things got doubly confused when her supervisor called her before ours, confirming the meeting was at 5 today and 3:30 tomorrow, but that all three of us in the ER were to attend, so Break Needer had to take her break right then. While she was on the phone with me, our supervisor called back, telling everyone that I was initially right. The meeting was at 5 today, J was going to that one, and T and I were attending tomorrow's 3:30 meeting. Confused? I sure as hell was.

What pisses me off most is that T didn't check her email at all. She was "too busy to bother at the time," but was sure she remembered the meeting being today. Now, had she told me that in the beginning, instead of saying she'd checked the damn email, there would have been no crisis. There would have been me sitting on the phone with IT getting my password fixed so I could check the damn email myself. I'm mostly pissed cause this is her modus operandi. She ALWAYS says, "Yes, I did that" without doing it. And no one ever calls her on it. Complain to management? Check. It's an across the board "she's not that bad."

Fun. Corporates rock.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home