1.23.2006

Q-bert on a qubit system? Not yet.

Over Christmas, in an attempt to entertain my neice, Willowzebub, I was explaining to her why modern computing processors would eventually reach a top speed in processing power because of the minimum size of an electron. She didn't understand, because she was 12 days old at the time, but she did listen with fascination as I pretty much recited an article I'd just recently read to her. Time will tell if she paid attention, since my whole point was really that she'd be living in a new exciting world as her common technology was going to be based on a vastly different set of scientific principles than our is now. The change has begun:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nf/20060113/bs_nf/40876

Pretty exciting stuff, really.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home