9.12.2005

Thistle teach ya

Friday after gathering wood, setting up camp, and possibly eating our beans, Nick grabbed the hatchet and started blazing a trail through the dead ground foliage so we wouldn't break an ankle in the darkness, if the beans came out in a bad way. Sure, he had a headlamp (if he remembered to pack it), and I had about a dozen glowsticks. Still.

So, while he did that, I headed off exploring the peninsula. I found the mushrooms down the page first. Then, I climbed the cliff. Now, because of erosion and exposure to the elements, the "cliff" looked like a stone you'd find in a river, very smooth and very round. Twas about 7 feet at our campsite and about 10 feet on the less exposed side I headed toward.

Once I scaled that baby, I found this thistle. Unfortunately, Friday was windy as fuck, so the photos a bit blurry. Still, I love it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home